Welcome to day 30 of the 31 Days of Restoration: Spiritual and Emotional Support for Parents of Children with Special Needs. You can find the main page for this series here.
My hope for all parents is to overcome the feeling of hopelessness that a diagnosis can bring.
The loss of a dream for our child is devastating and hard to overcome. We revisit the sadness many times in our child’s lifetime — even when we think we have moved past it.
We already know that things do not always go the way we want them to. But, they do go the way they are intended to. Do not to get stuck in the depths of hopelessness.
My child’s life has great meaning and purpose. As does yours.
Even when we lose hope after a test result or after major surgery, we can feel incredible joy in a single moment we did not anticipate. Keep your eyes open for those moments.
Affirmations for Restoring Joy and Overcoming Parental Hopelessness
- Even though I do not see the light at this moment, I know that immense joy is in our future.
- I never stop dreaming for myself, my family, and my child.
- I know God’s dreams are even bigger than my own.
- No matter what, I know I will be OK.
- No matter what, my child will be OK.
- No matter what, it will all be OK.