Welcome to day 3 of the 31 Days of Restoration: Spiritual and Emotional Support for Parents of Children with Special Needs. You can find the main page for this series here.
Raising a child with special needs brings parents to their knees. The fears, anxieties, the worry, the concerns, the doubts, the panic. We get to know these feelings at their core.
We face uncertainties within the diagnosis. We hand over our child to professionals with uneasiness. We search for answers and solutions and explanations and justifications. All to ease our fears.
We are afraid.
We are endlessly preoccupied.
It eats away at our well-being and sometimes wears out our bodies.
I fear the future for my son in ways most parents never have to. Knowing the unknown is coming is probably the greatest turmoil a parent has to conquer.
So, I look for courage within the chaos of my mind with some comforting thoughts.
Affirmations for Restoring Courage and Overcoming Parental Fears
- Even though there are things in life I cannot control, I commit to letting go.
- I surrender my fears, anxieties, and worries.
- I trust that what will come is for my higher good, and for my child’s well-being.
- I trust the professionals placed in our path.
- I trust that the intentions of others are for my child’s well-being.
- I ask for guidance within my fears.
- I listen for answers in nature, in people’s words, and within my own heart.
- I am courageous. My child is courageous.
- No matter what happens, I know I will be OK.
- No matter what happens, my child will be OK.
- No matter what happens, it will all be OK.