Welcome to day 29 of the 31 Days of Restoration: Spiritual and Emotional Support for Parents of Children with Special Needs. You can find the main page for this series here.
It’s fairly easy to keep the faith when things are going well in our lives. But, when bad things happen, we look for someone to blame. We might turn our back to the beliefs we once had.
When I was at my most desperate, however, was when I desired a deeper connection with God.
After receiving my son’s diagnosis, I searched Google for spiritual support more than medical alternatives.
When doctors handed me specialist requisitions, I asked to see someone who could offer me comfort.
I didn’t need to hear that my son would miraculously be diagnosis-free. I didn’t rely on false hope. I just needed to know that everything would be OK no matter what was on our path.
This series has been 11-years in the making. My faith is stronger than it ever was and I never found it in a religious institution. I found it in my home. In my son’s eyes. In little miracles that confirmed to me that not only does God exist, but that He is with us every step of the way.
When heartache hits our home, I whisper prayers to override the despair.
Affirmations for Restoring Faith and Overcoming Parental Despair
- Even though we are in a period of darkness, I am aware of a greater presence in our lives.
- Even though it is hard for me to believe today, I am given eyes to see.
- I am carried through life’s ups and downs.
- My child is carried through life’s ups and downs.
- With faith, life’s challenges become life lessons.
- With faith, life’s struggles become easier to overcome.
- No matter what, I know I will be OK.
- No matter what, my child will be OK.
- No matter what, it will all be OK.